Challenge routing sanitary drain line to the outside (revised)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Ginahoy

Building Systems Engineer
Reaction score
I'm designing a new home with fully below-grade basement. There will be a sump pump to lift basement wastewater to the main sanitary line that runs through the floor trusses. The trusses bear on the basement wall so the main sanitary line will exit the house about 12" above grade, then elbow down to grade on the outside of the basement wall, assuming that's allowed.

If not, I'll have a challenge routing the line so that it can exit the house below grade, in which case I will post further details for advice.

Thanks

Last edited:

Ginahoy

Building Systems Engineer
Reaction score
Although there should never be any standing liquid in the exposed pipe (top elbow and riser), I thought I should mention that in the area where I live (SE Arizona), we never see sustained temperatures below freezing. So my question is whether the plumbing code requires sanitary line to exit the house below grade.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks