Central AC question

Users who are viewing this thread

storm62

Reaction score
Hello all I asked this question a while back but no clear answers so i wanted to put the question back out there--My question is we live in AZ its dry the AC is off now for the winter months however if i turn the AC unit on (Our winters are in the 70s) the unit fires right up no issues.. When any water gets into the unit such as the compressor area I again go inside turn the unit on and what happens is the unit cycles on and off every 6 seconds until I guess everything dries.. I do not let it cycle ( I know thats Bad) i simply turn unit off and try again when its dry--Bingo no issues! I found this problem out months ago while up on the roof cleaning my solar panels as the water came down off the roof onto the ac unit.. Took top off unit AC is clean and dry all wires are insulated well not cuts High Low switches all dry and sealed--so what could that be? Thanks so much for any help!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks