Center of shower?

Users who are viewing this thread

YYZ

Reaction score
Hi there,

Before I get too far with my plumbing rough-in, I'm just curious what you consider the center of a standup shower (back to front). Is it from the back finished wall to the inside of the curb or is it from the back of the finished wall to the center of the curb where the glass would be? I'm just curious for fixture and drain placement.

Thanks much, Chris

YYZ

Reaction score
Nevermind. Now that I visualize it, it's got to be the inside of the curb to the finished wall otherwise the drain would be off...

Reach4

Reaction score
This video looks useful to me if using a pre-made shower base:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The ideal, unless you're doing a linear drain, is to have the drain equi-centered in the shower pan. This allows the slope to be more consistent and most people find it more aesthetically pleasing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks