Center Drain tub

Users who are viewing this thread

gieset

Reaction score
I am giving up my bigger bedroom with bath to the kids, they need the space more than I do. So, they will have their own bathroom, but they are little and do not like showers, they only like baths. Bathroom has only shower. I have looked for center drain bathtubs, but come up with:
1. whirlpool, top of the line type of stuff
2. vintage look clawfoot.
Neither of which really fit the bill. Then I see center drain bathtubs with shower surrounds, but they are advertised for mobile homes. Would this work? Would I want this? Who could I get to to install such a thing? I can do many things around the house, but I just can't see this one.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There's all sorts of things you can do if you are handy...checkout www.johnbridge.com for some help, too. They'll want showers when they get bigger, so a tub with shower is probably the right thing to do.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

Center drain mobile home tubs, often do not have overflow openings. Jetta, and almost all other whirlpool tub manufacturers, make the same tubs without the whirlpool/jacuzzi feature. No good tub is going to have the drain in the exact center of the tub. It will be off to the side with an overflow opening above it, so you will still have to relocate the drain somewhat.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would let them use the existing bathtub until they get trained to like the shower.

Tell them that now that they are big people, they get to use the shower. If they are anxious to move, maybe that is a condition of them getting the bigger room.

Maybe you could find something that would just sit in the shower and have its own drain to drain into the shower pan. When they get tired of it, you can use it for a planter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks