Ceiling spots

Users who are viewing this thread

Barry J

Reaction score
I have dark spots, (not too dark), on my ceiling in some of my rooms. I have white "popcorn" ceilings, and up by where the wall meets the ceiling I have darker , almost like dirt spots. At first I thought they were from the hot water heat registers and radiating up, but since I noticed some toward the middle of my ceiling also..I'm thinking, they are sections of my attic that don't have enough insulation layed down.
Is this a good assumptions??
and what would be my next course of action??
Thanks
Barry

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Without seeing them, it's hard to say. Could be a leak, could be mold, could be mold caused by a leak.

If there's no vapor barrier or there's no insulation in that area, it could be condensation wetting the area. Probably lots of other things.

One co-worker ended up removing 50# of wax and honey from a hive that ended up in the attic. The honey stained the ceiling. Could be something that died in the attic. You'd need to go up there and poke around.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks