Ceiling fan install

Users who are viewing this thread

Kristina James

Reaction score
We installed 3 ceiling fans into our sunroom. We were just replacing them so they were prewired. We have put red to blue, Black to black, and white to white. There are separate light and fan switches and one switch box is in our room and one in our living room. When we flip the light switch the lights come on. However, when we switch the fan switch on, nothing! What are we doing wrong?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 173

Reach4

Reaction score
One switch controls 3 fans? Or one independent fan switch for each of the fans?

Reach4

Reaction score
One switch for all 3 fans
I would suspect power is not getting to the fans. Can you slip a wire under the insulation to probe closed-end wire connectors? Don't get shocked.

It seems to me that wirenuts would have made for easier troubleshooting. I am not an electrician.

One more thing to check. Have you operated the speed control for the fans? Could they all be off at the pull string switch?

Kristina James

Reaction score
We have figured out the issue. The switch in our room is just a single pole switch! So it was in the off position. It can kill all power so you can’t turn them on from the living if that switch in our room is in the off position. ‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️

Kristina James

Reaction score
Question: provided all the proper wiring exists. If we replace this single pole with a 3 way, everything should work, correct?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks