CEFIONTECT Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

sinkperson

Reaction score
Hi,
My brother bought a CEFIONTECT sink for my mother's bathroom. I cannot get what I assume is soap and toothpaste scum off of it despite taking a wet paper towel and rubbing and rubbing as hard as I can to get it off. I have also tried filling it up with hot water to maybe soften up the scum to get it off. My brother keeps telling me that cleanser cannot be used to clean it, but he did not find out from the contractor who installed it just how to clean it. He also said that there were no instructions that came with it. My question is "How do I clean this CEFIONTECT sink?"

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I normally find the cleaning instructions in the box with the product.
Where did the contractor leave the paperwork?

Before using a CEFIONTECT product. The CEFIONTECT surface may have some dirt accumulated during shipping or installation. Before using, clean the surface with a diluted neutral liquid toilet detergent and brush for cleaning.

Do not use cleanser, polishing powder, detergent that includes rough particles, thinner, benzine, acid or alkaline detergent or a metal scrub brush or steel wool. The will damage the surface of the bowl.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cefiontect_instructions.pdf

• Use a mild dish detergent to clean your lavatory.
• Use a gel-based toilet bowl cleaner.
• Use a soft cloth to clean your lavatory.
• Use a soft-bristled plastic brush to clean your toilet.

toto-bowl-cleaning.jpg

Last edited:

sinkperson

Reaction score
CEFIONTECT sink cleaning questions

Hi, Terry,
Thanks for getting back to me. My brother said that the contractor didn't leave any instructions. The sink has already been used for several months now, so I don't think that it was cleaned before using. I already used Clorox Toilet Bowl cleaner with bleach on the sink because that is what I used on the Toto toilet which I am assuming has CEFIONTECT finish because I have been reading the Toto threads and it worked just fine on the toilet, but it didn't work on the sink. It just turned the scum white. What kind of brush should I use on the sink? What is a neutral toilet bowl detergent and can you give me the name of one to use?

Loke

Reaction score
CEFIONTECT instruction sheet?

Should there be "paperwork" about CEFIONTECT included in the box with Toto CEFIONTECT toilets (and sinks)? Our installer left all the instruction material, so far as I could see, but there didn't appear to be any info on the CEFIONTECT - unless it is somewhere within the installation booklet and I missed it. Maybe those of you who sell and install Totos would know what paperwork should be there. Don't see anything on the Toto site about the preparation for use that Terry mentioned in post #2 above.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's a single sheet about the CEFIONTECT.
I copied my wording from a sheet that came with the Gwyneth.
I've seen the sheets with every CEFIONTECT product I've installed.

I like the Gel Gloss too.

Loke

Reaction score
Definitely no single sheets about CEFIONTECT with my Gwyneths. The Toto tech fellow tells me that the only critical info on the sheet is to not use abrasives and that the new gel cleaners are the best - which is what has been said here already. Now to check to see whether Gel Gloss is available in Canada. Have some Lysol Gel (non-abrasive) bathroom cleaner that was recommended for my acrylic tub so that might do. Still happy with my toilets!

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Now to check to see whether Gel Gloss is available in Canada. Have some Lysol Gel (non-abrasive) bathroom cleaner that was recommended for my acrylic tub so that might do. Still happy with my toilets!

Gel-gloss is for Acrylic as well so Lysol Gel may work .
I'm in Ontario and i get "Gel-gloss" from home depot.

Loke

Reaction score
Thanks - I'll check out the local Home Depot after checking with my nearby Home Hardware store. (Like to give business to the small store where I can still buy things like single metal washers, single wall anchors, nails by the pound, etc...).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks