Cast Iron pipe - Lead removal and resealing

Users who are viewing this thread

tnr122

Reaction score
Hello,
I had my floor cut open to add things in my utility room. The cast iron pipe was not buried very deep and by DUMB LUCK the cutters partially severed the pipe between a transition from 1 1/2" to 3". I am excited that I have 3" but have only 3/8" of the 3" pipe sticking out of the hub. My intention was to use a Fernco no-hub to connect to PVC but want to remove the stub piece and replace it with a few more inches instead of the 3/8". How do you recommend replacing the lead in a horizontal hub?

Thanks

Plumber Jim

Reaction score
Website
www.broomfieldplumber.com
take a torch to the lead and melt it till it all runs out. then dig out the oakum and remove the piece in the hub and install a new longer piece. They make rubber seals to use instead of the lead. not sure on your local codes on if they are ok or not.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks