Cast Iron drain + short brass stub = headache -- illustrated!

Users who are viewing this thread

ninotchka

Reaction score
hj said:
You should have it out by now because a simple tap with a hammer and chisel should have released it.

Yeah, that's what I told the bushing. So far it is unimpressed by my argument.

ninotchka

Reaction score
Well, I got it out! I don't know why it was so difficult -- every source and person told me that it should "just come out". I had to cut three more slots in it before it would come out. I broke a cold chisel in it. I didn't even know that it was possible to break a cold chisel. Crazy.

I screwed in the brass desanco with little trouble. However, it's about an inch too short; at the current length the slip fitting is inside the wall, and I'd like to have it on the exterior. I'm off to see if I can find some sort of nipple to extend the whole business by an inch. If that's the wrong way to go about someone please let me know!

Thanks,
Nina.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks