Cast iron drain cleaning

Users who are viewing this thread

Jetboy55

Reaction score
I'm replacing the cast iron dwv in my house. I have 3 stacks (2 baths, 1 kitchen) that go into the concrete and then join together. I want to, at least, have them cleaned really well....a fresh start so to speak to go along with the pvc above grade. I've seen a chain type of cast iron cleaning, and it seems the most thorough. Any idea what it would cost to have my 3 stacks and common drain cleaned this way? Probably 90 feet of pipe total, 30 feet each.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Before you decide to use the chain knockers you better consider the condition and age of the CI

You may want to consider using a 3/4" cable decent cutter and then use a water Jetter as a finishing tool to restore full flow as origionally intended

Jetboy55

Reaction score
Thanks. My cast iron is from 1963. I haven't seen any signs of severe degradation, no holes or soft spots above grade. But I know the interior looks nasty with allot of tuberculation and rust.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks