Case Toilet Hard to Flush---HELP!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Derby

Reaction score
The lever on my wall mount Case toilet is hard to move to flush the toilet. It seems the tank ball is sticking to the flush valve. The tank ball feels sticky to the touch. I have replaced with a new tank ball, but the lever is still hard to flush. The rim of the flush valve feels sticky and has pieces of sticky black rubber that scrape off when rubbed. Does this flush valve have a rubber gasket that has perhaps deteriorated or am I feeling rubber that has transferred from the old tank ball? Is the flush valve just brass without a gasket? Any ideas how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help.

Derby

Reaction score
Is anybody able to answer this question?

I am replying to my own post, asking again if anyone has any thoughts on my problem. Surely you experienced plumbers have dealt with this problem before. If you have worked on Case brand toilets, did you have to resolve this kind of problem. My wife says "It's fix it or get me a new toilet for Christmas." Thanks.:confused:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you use anything inside of the toilet's tank like one of those tablets? Any of those I've seen are hell on the rubber parts of a toilet, and can ruin them in short order (say months) rather than letting the last for years. None of the moving parts should interfere or rub on each other, so maybe things got moved when last replaced while tightening down?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
case

If you haven't heard of Case toilets, the look up Briggs which bought them out. The wall hung Case 1000/1100 can be replaced, but I doubt that you would want to pay what it would cost, unless you are also remodeling the bathroom at the time. But then, since your toilet is one of the best ones which was ever made why change it. The mechanism, including the counterweight may have corrosion which needs to be cleaned with some muriatic acid. The flush valve seat is brass so scrape any rubber material off of it. It also needs a 3" flush ball, not the 2 5/8" one that you will usually find.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks