Cartridge / Stem for a shower faucet help please

Users who are viewing this thread

SuperNateinMS

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the site and hope this is the correct place to ask about this. I recently purchased a home and promptly broke the handles off my shower faucet. I have contacted a couple manufacturers but they all say that it is no stem of theirs. I took the faucet apart and snapped some pictures to see if anyone could help me. The darker gray metal piece on the end is just an universal handle adapter and does not actually belong on their.

Width.jpg

Length.jpg

Inside.jpg

Please let me know if you need another picture or if its maybe a lost cause. I would replace the entire thing but it is a one piece tub/shower surround. If I were to go in from the back I have to tear up the kitchen wall. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
An easier way is to take what you have to a plumbing supply store.

SuperNateinMS

Reaction score
Thank you guys, I think I will take it somewhere. I took a look at you picture Smooky but Delta was one of the companies that told me to go fly a kite. I took the parts to Home Depot, Lowes, and and Ace hardware but they all said they couldn't help. I will take it apart this weekend and go to an actually plumbing place, they may be able to help me more. Until then I guess I'll just invest in some cheap vice grips to leave on them and call it "handyman chic"!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks