Carrying a new water heater down stairs

Users who are viewing this thread

rural_engineer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting an AO Smith HPTU-80N 80 gallon hybrid water heater delivered to my house. The shipping weight on this thing is 307lbs. How should I move this thing down the stairs to the basement? Am I going to be able to move this around strapped to a hand truck? I don't want to do something bad to the tank and cause it to fail prematurely.

Cliffyk

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting an AO Smith HPTU-80N 80 gallon hybrid water heater delivered to my house. The shipping weight on this thing is 307lbs. How should I move this thing down the stairs to the basement? Am I going to be able to move this around strapped to a hand truck? I don't want to do something bad to the tank and cause it to fail prematurely.

With assistance of one or two others capable of maneuvering such a load...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks