Carrier 59MN7 DIP switch settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Atodalen

Reaction score
New furnace installed. Installer seemed unfamiliar with DIP switch settings. Took him probably 45 minutes of reading the install guide to set the switches. I'm somewhat concerned that the switches are properly set to take advantage of modulating gas valve and variable speed blower motor as well as properly set for the AC.

Here's the equipment:
Carrier 59MN7B060V17--14 60,000 BTU furnace, Infinity series
Carrier 24ACC624A003 Single stage AC, Performance
Carrier CAPMP3017ALA 2.5 Ton Evaporator coil
Thermostat is Honeywell T6 Lyric

Here’s how he set the switches:
SW1:
S1-off S2-off S3-on 4-off 5-on 6-off 7-on 8-off

SW2:
1-on 2-on 3-on

SW3:
1-on 2-on 3-on

SW4:
1-off 2-off 3-off
In your opinion did he set them correctly?

Last edited:

Atodalen

Reaction score
The honeywell t stat need the complete model number because the setup varies by how many stages of heat and air it has.
Thanks for the reply. The only info on the thermostat is Honeywell Pro series. Quote from salesman listed it as Honeywell T6 Lyric Wi-Fi.
I'm beginning to wonder if this thermostat is capable of taking advantage of the modulating gas valve and variable speed fan.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I know very little about this heating plant and what I can gather from the manual. If you can take a picture of the wiring at the thermostat it will tell if you have two stage heat.

I looked over the chart on page 29, Table 7. I cannot find what SW 1 is but the others all have to do with air flow for both cooling and heating and static air pressure is need to be know.

Thermostats such do not adjust blower speeds, all it does places 24 v AC on the GREEN wire (terminal G). I'm sure both cooling and heating the thermostat setting will be for single stage heat and cool. If there is a wire on Y2, it's two stage cooling, a wire on W2, two stage heating. If you system is a heat pump, then definitely its two stage heat. You probably have an outdoor sensor for temperature connected to the furnamce. This is usually what is used for heat output control.

Page 92-93 explains two stage heating. Well written.

Atodalen

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. I'm in over my head with with this so I guess I'll contact the company that installed it and see if they can have a more experienced person look at it.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Ask for regional branch service if your not satisfied. They purchased the equipment from a supplier. When ever a top of the line equipment is chosen u need to of the line service person and company.

WorthFlorida

Solutions
Reaction score
...............Thermostats do not adjust blower speeds, all it does places 24 v AC on the GREEN wire (terminal G)............
I looked at the T6 Pro installation and it is a basic thermostat wiring. However, Carrier does have an AC Infinity System that uses a proprietary thermostat. It does adjust the air handler fan variable fan speed (ECM control) and the thermostat setting must match the compressor unit. It uses four wires, Rx, Tx, +V, -V. Carrier's Infinity series is more about HE models across their product line and it doesn't mean all Infinity's are the same. Back in 2010, Carriers Infinity AC was their top of the line.

Atodalen

Reaction score
Had the service rep back out yesterday. It seems the T6 thermostat won't allow for the most efficient operation of the furnace. Basically it was running as a 2 stage according the service rep. He replaced it with the Infinity System Control SYSTXCCITC01-B thermostat and set all of the DIP switches to factory default. Now I'm seeing the modulating feature and variable fan speed working as it should. Kind of a spendy critter with their cost being over $600. Looks like the salesman low balled me by not including the proper thermostat in his quote. Word has it he no longer works for them. Thanks for the input everyone.

WorthFlorida

Solutions
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.

They were about $460 back six years ago as I stated in my post about Carrier proprietary thermostats. I worked at my church for seven years with a brand new building. Nine AC units in use with the first generation Infinity thermostats. After a year when the warranty ran out (commercial), some thermostats were losing its program and I could not reset it back to factory defaults. The new thermostat came out, worked great with WiFi and I had to replace five of them. The others I was able to live with the firmware errors. Left a bad taste in my mouth when Carrier advertises Infinity. My home has a Carrier AC/HP but not Infinity (SEER16) using a standard wiring WiFi type thermostat.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Unless a contractor has a person that their main job is high end equipment, energy management with programming it's very hard to keep up with all the changes because of the constant changes between hardware and software.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks