Caroma 270, rough in is off 2" laterally

Users who are viewing this thread

Iopturbo

Reaction score
During a remodel the shower grew a few inches and the toilet rough in should have been moved over a few inches. I believe I saw on this forum where Terry recommend a Caroma toilet stating that it could be moved laterally. I called the plumbing distributor and he wasn't aware that this is possible. How is this accomplished? Any help appreciated.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Im not personally familiar with the coroma ability to move laterally. But A toilet that utilizes a plastic unifit can be offset laterally slightly without modification. But to move it more than an inch you have to do some extensive and careful modification to the unifit. I've done it with a toto toilet once. I think it maxed out at 1.5" offset.

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know if AS AccessPro is still available.
https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfImages/e8/e8854768-c3f1-4bf1-8f57-46b4f303cabb.pdf

access-pro-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
OK.. maybe that was wishful thinking. Or maybe there were more options to this system years ago. But looks like it can't offset either. It can adapt to a weird depth from the wall to center tho..

OH>... I just remembered looking up a Geberit Monolith that allows for a wide range of lateral movement. Probably very expensive... but effective. Not sure if I can find it but worth looking into.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
During a remodel the shower grew a few inches and the toilet rough in should have been moved over a few inches. I believe I saw on this forum where Terry recommend a Caroma toilet stating that it could be moved laterally. I called the plumbing distributor and he wasn't aware that this is possible. How is this accomplished? Any help appreciated.

The Caroma 270 offsets by one inch. Basically it was 11" that could pivot 1" forward or back to make it a 10" or a 12"
That would give you a 1" offset to the side.

Iopturbo

Reaction score
Im not personally familiar with the coroma ability to move laterally. But A toilet that utilizes a plastic unifit can be offset laterally slightly without modification. But to move it more than an inch you have to do some extensive and careful modification to the unifit. I've done it with a toto toilet once. I think it maxed out at 1.5" offset.
what was required to modify it? 1.5" would be close enough. The shower glass is set back from the edge of the curb so I don't think I am going to have issues with seated space, just want it to look right.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
So I made the unifit... fit inside the skirt of the toilet as far as it would go and still hold its integrity. I had to drill new bolt locations for the toilet to hold down and change the closet flange bolt pattern too.. I'm certain that I voided the warranty. I was still off by 1/8th of an inch. I also had to flip the tile on the wall around to move the water supply to not obstruct the toilet and fill in the tiny holes where the unifit was drilled into the floor( tile guy did the floor, I did the wall tile without any drywall repair)

this project was done in 2013. So... theres been a bit of water under the bridge as far as the nitty gritty.. but basically i figured out how much I could cut the unifit to keep it functional and fit it back onto the toilet to see where I could cut next. This was not an efficient job.. But it was better than tearing up the finished floor.

Cornwall 3.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks