Cappping & Burying Water Pipes in Basement

Users who are viewing this thread

Stingme

Reaction score
After removing a small wet bar in my basement, I have 2 live copper water pipes sticking up through the basement concrete. The PVC return pipe we have already capped and left in the wall which will be patched and sanded. The plan is to shut off the main water supply, jackhammer the concrete around the pipes, cut the pipes back at the concrete/slab level, cap them off, and bury them where they sit using quick Crete to fill in the hole made with the jackhammer. Eventually flooring will be laid over the concrete in the basement. We are having difficultly finding where the pipes are running to and we don't want to jackhammer too much of the concrete up.

Provided we cap the pipes properly, is there any risk to doing this? Is this somewhat of a common practice? I don't want to be dealing with a leaking/running pipe under there years down the road.

Thanks in advance!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks