Can't locate TOTO Original Flappers or at least the rubber seal gasket.

Users who are viewing this thread

sam001

Reaction score
I recently got a 2 month water bill with exactly 100,000 liters above the norm for the winter months.
I suspect a meter roll of an extra digit which I found is quite possible.
Next billing as per my daily meter check should be back to normal. These spikes are hard to figure,
so the meter was changed, but I still must pay the $500+ water bill.
No leaks were found anywhere. Toilets were checked and double checked with food dye.
I have 4 Toto toilets CST743SD (6 years old) for which as a future preventative I want to replace the
flappers. I ordered 2 months ago and still out of stock.
Toto tells me this fancy flapper has been replaced by a basic looking THU331-S.
Toto says they still have the THU092-7 but they have it on back order as I already know.

I wish that at least I could get the grey rubber seal gasket which is removable.
This seal is about 3" in Dia with a 1" +- hole (like a donut)
Any suggestions, or part number for this seal, ??
Have you gents come across water meter faults that are transient in nature?

toto_flapper_old.jpg

Thank you gentlemen for your assistance,

Sam Greater Toronto Area

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Sure. You have the Toto Round-Bowl Insulated-Tank Original Drake, which has a GMax flush.

The TSU331S is made by Korky for Toto, and Korky sells exactly the same (I mean EXACTLY the same) flapper under the name Korky "Fits Toto" Red Flapper, Korky model 2021 (different folks use different suffixes after the 2021, so it might be 2021BP, 2021FL, etc.). That will be your least expensive option.

You can also get Korky's new 2023 flapper, which is an approved offical Toto replacement part that is universal; it is adjustable to all Totos with a 3" flapper, like yours. Again, the suffix after the number is different at different suppliers.

AcklandsGrainger has the Korky 3060 3" adjustable flapper, which will work perfectly on your Totos, but it's a little more expensive than the others, for no good reason.

genuine_toto.jpg

sam001

Reaction score
I recently got a 2 month water bill with exactly 100,000 liters above the norm for the winter months.
I suspect a meter roll of an extra digit which I found is quite possible.
Next billing as per my daily meter check should be back to normal. These spikes are hard to figure,
so the meter was changed, but I still must pay the $500+ water bill.
No leaks were found anywhere. Toilets were checked and double checked with food dye.
I have 4 Toto toilets CST743SD (6 years old) for which as a future preventative I want to replace the
flappers. I ordered 2 months ago and still out of stock.
Toto tells me this fancy flapper has been replaced by a basic looking THU331-S.
Toto says they still have the THU092-7 but they have it on back order as I already know.

I wish that at least I could get the grey rubber seal gasket which is removable.
This seal is about 3" in Dia with a 1" +- hole (like a donut)
Any suggestions, or part number for this seal, ??
Have you gents come across water meter faults that are transient in nature?

sam001

Reaction score
Thank you wjcandee,
you confirmed what I already found out. I probably will have to go with what you said, the Korky unit.
Like I said in my post, I wish I could find the seal gasket to replace it on all four toilets.
The flappers are fine it's the seals that should be changed. Have you ever seen the seals sold separately ?
I know the 6" seal are available online.

I appreciate your help.

Sam

sam001

Reaction score
But yes you can use the new replacement flappers that you showed. They clip on just like the old plastic carriage did.

Thanks to both wjcandee and to you Terry for your all your help. I like going the replaceable gasket route a lot cheaper and as effective.

Sam

Wallijonn

Reaction score
No leaks were found anywhere.

I take it to mean that no leaks were found within the house. For that kind of water usage I would think that you would have a water heater stuck valve or it is completely corroded and leaked into the foundation. Next would be a burst pipe between the main and your house. Lastly would be a broken irrigation pipe.

dakota

Reaction score
I take it to mean that no leaks were found within the house. For that kind of water usage I would think that you would have a water heater stuck valve or it is completely corroded and leaked into the foundation. Next would be a burst pipe between the main and your house. Lastly would be a broken irrigation pipe.

I'm Sam's son... The water heater is about 1 years old, there hasn't been any issues with the unit. The water meter is located in the basement. If there was a burst pipe (3/4" copper) from the curb stop to the house the meter would not register the water consumption. Plus we would've noticed a drop off of water pressure. Lastly the irrigation system I installed a few years ago, is not the problem. Being winter here, the lines were blown out and the water main to the system is off.

This has been a real mystery to us. We're hoping it was just a faulty water meter, which has been replaced by the city last week.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks