Can't get water?

Users who are viewing this thread

BullheadPond

Reaction score
ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGETIONS ON THIS PLEASE?

i just drove a sand point 10ft + the point which makes it 13 feet in the ground.
I dropped a string the pipe and there seems to be 4 feet of water in it.

I can pump it with a hand pump , but i tried 2 Different shallow well pumps and can not get it to pump.? Any ideas?

I put a tee in at the top of the vertical pipe with a plug on top and primed the pipe down the pipe , started the pump and once it stated pumpiing water i put the plug on the pipe. . The shallow well pump pumped water for 6 hours straight and the water was running clear. but the flow did not seem like it was very strong. ( had a short 4ft 1 inch pipe on the outgoing side. ) i would have thought it should be a really strong 1 inch stream coming out, but it wasn't you could maybe fill 3-4 gallons of water in a minute. the pump said it should pump 12 gallons per minute.

and to make matters worse as soon as you unplug the pump it loses the prime in the pipe. . i have a new check valve on it and the pump says it is self priming once it is filled with water.

I did drive the is same point down in another spot last year and pulled it out of that spot because the water had too much iron in it. Can it be a bad point?

Any help woul be appreciated.

thanks

Speedbump

Reaction score
You can't prime a pump with the plug out of the tee on top of the well. The pipe must be totally air tight to the front of the pump.

How many gallons per minute did you get with the pitcher pump.

13 feet deep and only 4 feet of water in the pipe sounds like your not deep enough yet.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks