cant fit sink plumbing piece back together

Users who are viewing this thread

rosielee

Reaction score
i took it off as the overwhelming smell came back again and i thought there might be a whole lot of gunge still on those sink pipes (built up before I moved in) so the plumber recently chopped an end off because of this problem and he fitted one of those things that suck on and then another screw thing which takes a cap- otherwsie all the water would go straight out the end- this is what it is now doing as i cant for the life of me get this screw thing back on- even after an hour of trying- its a total enigma- i need to get this cap back on- because i have to empty the washing up outside till I do...its a little white thing with screws with red suction rings inside- one end goes onto the sawn off pipe and the other end has a smaller bit fitted into it so it can take a cap...... please help as i REALLY wish i didnt try and clean it all now.....and when ive sorted this problem out id really like to know what to do with the drain smell that invades my kitchen now that i know its not from the sink pies alone...I need to go to my housing association and tell them what they need to do for me..i cant justs ay I have smelly drains as they will say- clean the fridge out then its probably that:mad:-lol... and i know its the drains!!! I would appreciate the help... many thanks.....

kate

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
It's going to be tough to help based on your description alone.
Please post a picture or two (or three) so we can see what you are dealing with.

rosielee

Reaction score
i cant use this image thing on here

but ive put photos on my fickr account and here are the lin ks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51755748@N02/5764234111/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51755748@N02/5764236139/in/photostream

the first photo is of the pipe- as you can see its cut off and the water spits out the end

the second is the attachment i stupidly took off- all i have to do is screw it back on-- the bigger pastic bit gets screwed back on to the pipe- then the smaller bit goes into that to allow a screw cap to be fitted

but i cant get any of them back together- i try and screw them back on and it all falls off....shall i just call the plumber out again and get a whle new attatchment fitted on again? thing is.....its already been done and i will get told off for taking it off....but if the drains didnt stink so much....im seeing what there is on stinking drains on this forum. many thanks would so appreciate the help- as you can see i have to put a pan to catch the water and its a major pain- a major- major pain

Last edited:

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
I would glue a female adapter on that stub on the end of that T WY.Female adapter has one end to glue to PVC pipe and inside pipe threads on the other side,then put a
threaded plug in it.Do not know what that other thing was but I would throw it out.
Hope this helps.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The quickest and easiest, if you can get them there, would be a rubber cap. Slide it over the end and tighten the hose clamp. The threaded adapter and clean-out plug is probably better, but both should last a long time. Gluing on the adapter means also buying the cleaner and cement, which you'd probably only use once then it would dry out and you'd throw away 99% of it.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
From your picture I cannot see where the trap is or how it is plumbed. What the picture does show is some improper plumbing that should be removed and done correctly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks