Can't disassemble american standard bathroom faucet to change the valve cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

HydroAirJoe

Reaction score
I have a 20-year-old American Faucet Bathroom faucet. I am trying to change the valve cartridge. The first obstacle was the handle was seized to I had to drill the screw out (I hope I can find a replacement). The second obstacle, for the life of me I cannot remove the faucet trim. Looking at online videos from American Standard it looks like the piece would simply pull off when you removed the handle. I cannot pull this piece up nor can I unscrew it from the base trim (refer to attached photos). FOr the life of me what is the trick of disassembling this?
view
view

HydroAirJoe

Reaction score
I found instructions for the Hampton Faucet on AS site. Unless things changed from 20 years ago, for the life of me I cannot figure out why the handle base will not come off...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks