Can't disassemble american standard bathroom faucet to change the valve cartridge

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by HydroAirJoe, May 23, 2020 at 11:14 AM.

1. HydroAirJoe

HydroAirJoe New Member

I have a 20-year-old American Faucet Bathroom faucet. I am trying to change the valve cartridge. The first obstacle was the handle was seized to I had to drill the screw out (I hope I can find a replacement). The second obstacle, for the life of me I cannot remove the faucet trim. Looking at online videos from American Standard it looks like the piece would simply pull off when you removed the handle. I cannot pull this piece up nor can I unscrew it from the base trim (refer to attached photos). FOr the life of me what is the trick of disassembling this?[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. HydroAirJoe

HydroAirJoe New Member

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. HydroAirJoe

HydroAirJoe New Member

5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Sometimes you need a handle puller, or rock it a bit and pull harder. Not always easy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 1:41 PM