Cannabis Freedom March to Westlake in Seattle

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I like an occasional beer and had a bit of weed on a few occasions in my youth (not opposed to it now, just not my thing). Society would be 100% better off if neither existed (lower healthcare costs, fewer people in Jail, fewer people on income assistance, etc.). That being said, government has to deal with the the reality it has and not the one it wished it had.

I think with all of the things we know are not good (cigarettes, alcohol, drugs) it is a matter of coming up with the policy that is going to minimize harm ... you can sell it, tax it, and use the proceeds to fund programs or the bad guy can sell it and use the proceeds to fund their activities.

I think they should ban a lot more than strews (single use coffee cups come to mind). Around here there was a land fill. There was a constant debate about adding more cells ... they were running out of room and needed more space. This debate raged on for years. The municipality banned opaque garbage bags (you can have 1) ... the amount of garbage going to the landfill dropped so significantly that the landfill now had enough room for many years (something like 20 or 50).
I think a lot like that just because I don't drink because of my personal issues I don't think I should stop you even though there is a net cost perhaps. but things like drunk driving even if you don't crash I'm against.
jail is racist gotta have the right proportion of races can't have too many bad guys there that are the same color. therefore less cells is the answer LOL

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Wow, it's amazing to see the Cannabis Freedom March happening in Seattle! Events like these can help raise awareness and advocate for the decriminalization of cannabis.
One day someone high on Cannabis MAYBE WORKING ON YOUR GAS PIPING OR VENTING good luck

Have fun on the highways as you're smoking a joint

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
Well … that would explain some of the work I have paid contractors to do. It is really hit and miss around here. I was pretty pleased with the companies who did my boiler and chimney, aside from that, I have not hired anyone I could honestly recommend to a friend.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
In civilized area if an employee is found to have Cannabis in their system while working on gas piping the business owner faces a fine up to $20,000 USD and possibly losing their plumbing license or they are no longer allowed to work on gas piping.

With a dense population NYC would hang a plumber but let a rapist or mugger go free as we are a "progressive" city

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
One day someone high on Cannabis MAYBE WORKING ON YOUR GAS PIPING OR VENTING good luck

Have fun on the highways as you're smoking a joint
One day someone on a prescribed medication which has the same or similar effect may work on your gas piping... have fun with that too...

Canabis is not a dangerous drug like so many people have been lead to believe. There was zero legit reason for it to ever be a schedule 1 drug.

It all comes down to personal responsibility.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Also very foolish to mess with pot if you have a responceable job that requires drug testing, lose job go on welfare with a family to support is dumb thats personal responceability as well. But I agree I care not or certainly no more if a guy twisting gas pipe , or driving a bus or Uber is drinking shots at bar or smoking marijuana I prefer he is careful in either case and not using either "in Excess"
The other thing you legaly lose is your right to own a firearm or have is possesion a firearm so that could mean to adequately keep you and loved ones safe. So the big fun and cellebration of a pot party festival might be fun but it can still lead to serious problems the price of a party.
Its part of culture and it still isnt accepted in society though changing

shiva57

Reaction score
I completely agree with you that it shouldn't matter whether someone is twisting a gas pipe, driving a bus, or working as an Uber driver, as long as they are careful and don't indulge in excessive drinking or smoking marijuana. Moderation is key in both cases.
You bring up another important aspect regarding the legal implications of cannabis use. Losing the right to own or possess a firearm can impact personal safety and the safety of loved ones. It's a serious consideration to keep in mind.
While there are still some societal challenges and acceptance issues surrounding cannabis, it's interesting to see how the culture is changing. On a different note, if you're looking for the best CBD oil for dogs, I can definitely help you out with that. Let me know if you need any recommendations or information on that topic.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks