Canada. Hot Water Tank Change Out. Gas flex?

Users who are viewing this thread

isletlake

Reaction score
Hello, i want to know if i can use a flexible piece of gas line to change my hot water tank in Alberta Canada.
It is currently done with steel pipe. Would like to change tank myself but cant find out if the flexible type gas line is allowed.
Does anyone know the code in Edmonton Alberta Canada, Thanks much

QueBall

Reaction score
CSST (Corrugated stainless steel tubing) type gas line is used all the time in Edmonton. No problem at all. You will need to have traditional hard pipe outside from the meter to the inside or anywhere that requires mechanical protection like inside a garage will be rejected but on the interior it's not a problem. You can have it as a short connector hose from the shutoff to the appliance or you can run the entire line in CSST.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The manufacturers typically state that CSST CANNOT be used as a "flexible appliance connector". You have to use a flexible supply made for that purpose.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks