Can you use rescare with Kinetico quad 51?

Users who are viewing this thread

shirl001

Reaction score
The Kinetico quad 51 has carbon filter inside with the resin. Can you still use rescare to clean the resin? Any othe chemical to clean the carbon filter?

Thamks

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
The Kinetico quad 51 has carbon filter inside with the resin. Can you still use rescare to clean the resin? Any othe chemical to clean the carbon filter?

Thamks
It was Rescare that brought my 15 year old Kinetico 2060s back from the dead. I recently moved into a home that had this unit and it would use salt but no softening. It was badly abused and the previous owner never put salt in it. Also it was directly being fed well water with no iron. Got a price of $400 to change the resin.
Decided to give rescare a try. I added twice the amount and backwashed. I did this 3 times per tank and the water started getting softer. I decided to just add the rescare feeder for a continuous drip. Also for additional measure. I am using salt with iron out. Even though I don't have iron. I did have extreme mineral buildup and it does dissolve that as well.
Bottom line Rescare is awesome. And at $13 bucks a gallon. It's a home run. Lasts about 6 months My water tests 0 hardness on my Hach kit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks