Can you install a std Fluidmaster Valve in a Toto?

Users who are viewing this thread

Etbrown4

Reaction score
the Toto water inlet hole is close to the back wall of the tank, so it appears the std Fluidmaster 400 valve would rub the back wall. Is that true?

If so, I guess most everyone uses the narrow Korky style valve.

I saw a video indicating that you can fit a Fluidmaster 400ARHR in a Toto. Could this valve have a smaller diameter float that the std Fluidmaster 400?

Ive got 8 valves to change and bunch of the 400s I'd like to use.

Etbrown4

Reaction score
I've used the Fluidmaster 400's plenty of times for TOTO. Doesn't hurt to have a Korky on hand though.
So I guess the std Fluidmaster float must clear the back of the tank by just a hair. Also that the Fluidmaster 400ARHR apparently is not smaller than the std 400, so no advantage there.

Reach4

Reaction score
You rotate the float hump to not face the back or side. The hump goes in the direction where there is a lot of space.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto uses a few different fill valves, and for those toilets made in the USA versus an import, they tend to use the customized Korky valve.

Whichever replacement you choose, you want one that can adjust the balance between the tank and the bowl, otherwise, you'll be wasting water or get poor performance.

If the Toto uses the valve from Korky, it has a replaceable seal similar to the Fluidmaster. The Korky valve shuts off smoother IMHO, so it's less likely to create a water hammer at the end.

Not all of the fill valves delivered in a Toto toilet are repairable, and on those, it's a replacement. If your toilet isn't too old, they might send you a new one under warranty.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks