Can you help me to program a Pentair Fleck 5800LXT ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott Chen

Reaction score
Hello, I bought a water softer from a local supplier and had a plumbing installed it. However, the plumbing does not know how to program it. I watched a YouTube video and still does not understand it. Can some one help me out? I know my softer is 64 k grain size. My water hardness is 7 gpg. I think I have a 2 cu. ft. resin. This is the video I watched.

My question if what do I put in for resin? hardness and salt amonut?

Thank you very much for helping me.

Scott Chen

Reaction score
Here are photos of my setup.

Attachments

• 34297A9B-C949-4E6F-8C19-D17AE3AD1397.jpeg
    34297A9B-C949-4E6F-8C19-D17AE3AD1397.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 415

Reach4

Reaction score
Last edited:

Bannerman

Reaction score
Ditttohead's video above indicates to program the total cuft of resin which in your case will be 2.0.

For the hardness setting, if your water comes from your town or city, you probably should set 9 or 10 grains hardness to anticipate some hardness variance which may occur if the city water is obtained from multiple sources. If your water comes from your own well, then your hardness test result of 7 gpg should be appropriate.

The salt setting will be your choice. 6 lbs per cuft will give higher efficiency but 8 lbs/cu ft will provide higher quality soft water. Program either 6 or 8 lbs and the controller will adjust the salt dose for 2 cu/ft of resin as already programmed.

Since the LXT controller will build an algorithm of daily water consumption over the next 6 weeks, the gallons remaining may often appear odd for 6 weeks until the algorithm has been fully completed and water consumption becomes predictable.

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Be sure to check the BLFC, injector and DLFC. The LXT is not programmable on many of the settings so these items must be set from the assembler. If they are not correct the system will not work. This catalog page has the required BLFC and injectors for each system size.
38-5800-softener.jpg

SauravCP

Reaction score
Ditttohead's video above indicates to program the total cuft of resin which in your case will be 2.0.

For the hardness setting, if your water comes from your town or city, you probably should set 9 or 10 grains hardness to anticipate some hardness variance which may occur if the city water is obtained from multiple sources. If your water comes from your own well, then your hardness test result of 7 gpg should be appropriate.

The salt setting will be your choice. 6 lbs per cuft will give higher efficiency but 8 lbs/cu ft will provide higher quality soft water. Program either 6 or 8 lbs and the controller will adjust the salt dose for 2 cu/ft of resin as already programmed.

Since the LXT controller will build an algorithm of daily water consumption over the next 6 weeks, the gallons remaining may often appear odd for 6 weeks until the algorithm has been fully completed and water consumption becomes predictable.

Hi Bannerman, I recently moved to a house that have a Pentair 5800 LXT system with single cylinder, I guess probably 0.75 cuft resin. Not sure how to determine as well.

Plymouth, MN city reports 24 gpg as the hardness of water. The system was in err-2 state and I was able to reset it by calling the pentair 1800 number. But now I’m not sure what should be the salt number set to. Tried reading but all states the capacity based on resin. I want to continue using this .75 cuft softener for time being, is there formula that you’ll be able to help me with, so I can use to set the salt? Hardness is being set to 24.

It’ll be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
Hi Bannerman, I recently moved to a house that have a Pentair 5800 LXT system with single cylinder, I guess probably 0.75 cuft resin. Not sure how to determine as well.
An 8" diameter x 44" high tank would usually have 0.75 cu. ft. of resin.

What is the name of the setting you are wanting to set?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks