can you give me propper name these tools

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by zeus1111, Jan 12, 2008.

  1. zeus1111

    zeus1111 New Member

    Jan 12, 2008
    i know the toilet auger water shut off and the trap snake but not the name of the grabber thing in the pipe thats like 8' long and the plunger thing on the long rod



    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2008
  2. Cass

    Cass Plumber

    Nov 12, 2005
    You have it right, 1 is an 8' grabber thingy and the other is a plunger thingy on a rod.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. leejosepho

    leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

    Nov 23, 2006
    disabled-retired industrial fabricator
    200 miles south of Little Rock
    Probably for grabbing or plunging something, eh?!
  5. Redwood

    Redwood Master Plumber

    Dec 15, 2007
    Service Plumber
    The plunger is commonly used to clear a clogged house trap. I use a snake with a 3" blade to push through the trap then run lots of water to wash out as much of the debris in the trap as possible them vac out the rest.

    The plunger is a fast in and out job that does not do a good job of cleaning the trap. Good for repeat business though!
Similar Threads: propper name
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice What is the correct fitting name? Jul 24, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice No Name Toilet Continues to Leak Around Flapper Apr 5, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Grundfos Timer Driven Hot Water Recirculation Pump - Name the Parts? Jan 25, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Looking for name of this CI fitting Sep 3, 2015
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Anyone know the name of this tap set Sep 1, 2015

Share This Page