Can you change from Peerless to Pfister?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sherene Gruver

Reaction score
I just bought new bathtub faucets. I currently have Peerless and just bought Pfister. Are they interchangeable? I didn't think about this before I bought them! I have attached photos. Thank you so much for any advice!! :)
IMG_1088.png
IMG_1170.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
don't even need pictures. It is like putting Ford parts on a Chevrolet. They are COMPLETELY incompatible. Delta is the ONLY thing that works with Peerless, because they are the same company.

Sherene Gruver

Reaction score
don't even need pictures. It is like putting Ford parts on a Chevrolet. They are COMPLETELY incompatible. Delta is the ONLY thing that works with Peerless, because they are the same company.
ARGH!!! The new ones are so much cuter! Thanks so much for the info!! lol Dumb question but how hard would it be to make the switch? Is it even doable? Is this something a plumber could do?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Anything (well, almost) is doable in plumbing if you spend enough money. The entire guts in the wall would have to be changed to become compatible with your handles and cartridges. It would probably be cheaper to buy a kit with all of that, but if you can't take those handle back, you might be able to buy the guts.

Problem is, though, that if you're changing the whole thing out, the code has been updated (actually, many years ago) and it would require an antiscald valve unless that is a tub only. A plumber is allowed to repair what you have, but not replace it entirely unless the new part meets current code. I'm not saying one might, but they aren't supposed to.

So, you're restricted to repairing what you have. A new handle would not dictate changing the whole thing. IF you can find a compatible one that will fit your existing valve body in the wall, then, yes, it can be done. Otherwise, you should change out the whole thing to something compatible with the antiscald requirements.

Sherene Gruver

Reaction score
THANK YOU so much for the info!! I think it’s best I find the ones I like made by Delta or Peerless.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks