Can you buy replacement sections for a 3-piece shower enclosure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob Boice

Reaction score
Recently we repiped our home and in the shower area, the plumbers could not get to the shower valve from the back side so they had to cut a larger hole in the shower to replace the valve and fittings. To cover up the larger hole, the plumbers had to install what they call a “ smitty plate”. Some how the hole ended up off center so when they put the trim and plate on to cover up the larger hole, the trim plate was way off center and looks bad. See attached picture.
I was wondering if companies that make these 3-piece shower enclosures would sell you a separate section.
I think I have the original receipts somewhere but would have to dig around to find them. Just thought I would ask before I start digging through all my house records.

Attachments

• B6433A22-774C-46EA-908F-9BDA8FB2B8C2.jpeg
    B6433A22-774C-46EA-908F-9BDA8FB2B8C2.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 167

Brian94

Reaction score
I know delta does not sell separate peieces for the people who cut holes in wrong spot for shower valve. Measure twice cut once, sounds like the company that did your repipe owes you a new surround. Then again you probably signed a waiver for liability

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks