Can this be considered a wet vent or do the fixtures need vented individually?

Users who are viewing this thread

JCar915

Reaction score
I would like a little feedback on what to do in situations like this. Where pipes and fittings are slightly misaligned and what is acceptable. I have not run into this until now. This is a 4" pipe going down into a closet elbow. As you can see the elbow is slightly back and left. Can the elbow be pulled into alignment with the pipe or will it weaken the connections and create issues in the future?

Screenshot_20220819-192554_Gallery.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't see signs of purple primer.

So I expect this is not glued. Are you wanting to align the pipe with the elbow, or are you trying to get the pipe vertical when the hub elbow is cocked?

JCar915

Reaction score
I don't see signs of purple primer.

So I expect this is not glued. Are you wanting to align the pipe with the elbow, or are you trying to get the pipe vertical when the hub elbow is cocked?
Correct, it is not glued. The pipe sitting in there is vertical. I want to align the pipe with the elbow. Didn't know if it was ok to pull that elbow towards the pipe and cement it, or if it would put too much stress on the connections and cause problems in the future. Looking for any advice or recommendations from the pros on how to properly seat it or if it should be redone.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I am thinking that once you slather the pipe and fitting with primer then cement, the pipe will push in square. Be prepared to provide enough push and twist. I am not a pro.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks