Can the Triangle Tube Boilers Be Programmed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ferretman

Reaction score
I have a Triangle Tube Solo 175 boiler.

There's a nice big network interface of some kind (looks like a proprietary serial bus) on the front under the panel, but I don't see anything at all about how to program this puppy. I'd like to be able to limit when it runs so it doesn't kick off at a particular time of day.

Is there a network interface/control of some kind for this thing? Can it be programmed?

Steve

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
It's not an internet attached device, nor does it run Windows 7 (thankfully! :) ) but yes, they're "programmable" , and it needs to be programmed to optimize in-system performance.

Have you consultedthe manual?

Programmable thermostats (or timers) in series with the thermostats on the zones would be able to provide the time of day function you are seeking. It's better to let the boiler controls control the boiler, and use more appropriate devices as the timers.

A connector style does not a network make, but the series is designed to be able to run multiple boilers in parallel, which requires a connection to a central modulation control unit.

Ferretman

Reaction score
It's not an internet attached device, nor does it run Windows 7 (thankfully! :) ) but yes, they're "programmable" , and it needs to be programmed to optimize in-system performance.

Have you consultedthe manual?

Programmable thermostats (or timers) in series with the thermostats on the zones would be able to provide the time of day function you are seeking. It's better to let the boiler controls control the boiler, and use more appropriate devices as the timers.

A connector style does not a network make, but the series is designed to be able to run multiple boilers in parallel, which requires a connection to a central modulation control unit.

Thanks for the pointer to that manual....I didn't have it.

As you note though that's not quite what I mean. You can do a lot of stuff through that (lousy) menu interface but not quite the level of programming I'm looking for. I guess I could replace the various radiant heat controllers with something more programmable, but of course what I was hoping to do was shut off the boiler at certain times.

Anybody know what one can do with this interface? I would assume it's really for some kind of diagnostic device and doesn't really support what I'm after either though, does it?

Ferretman

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks