Can the inducer fan become "weak?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Rmgolob

Reaction score
I have a Lennox G26Q3/4 - 100 - 1 furnace.
It was installed in 1998 +/-.
We purchased the house in 2012 so I only know history since.

2012 - late 2019: No problems at all.
About 2 months ago, the inducer fan was "gurgling" heat exchanger would not fire.
I used a leaf blower and blew out the water and it worked fine.
Then it happened again a week or so ago.
Since then - its happened 2/3 times and the time between failures is less each time.

I read elsewhere about incorrect installation and / or incorrect pitch of the pipes, but that is not likely the culprit as it worked for the last 7 years (if not the last 20 years.)

Any starting suggestions?

Pics below.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4520.jpg
    IMG_4520.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4521.jpg
    IMG_4521.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 175

Stuff

Reaction score
Have you had the annual maintenance done? Part of it is to clean out the crud so everything drains.

Rmgolob

Reaction score
If there is water in there you have an issue with venting or something else, came across this before.... I believe.
Thank you.
Yes, its an issue with "something else."
When you came across this before, what were some of the other issues?

Rmgolob

Reaction score
Have you had the annual maintenance done? Part of it is to clean out the crud so everything drains.
Thank you.
I have not had annual maintenance done, but I can assure you crud and clogged lines is not an issue here.
Anything else?

Stuff

Reaction score
Thank you.
I have not had annual maintenance done, but I can assure you crud and clogged lines is not an issue here.
Anything else?
Gurgling means water is not draining and the prime cause is crud (algae or other stuff growing in the lines). The drain line is somewhat brown that indicates growth or age. Otherwise may be a pinched hose. Do you see water coming out of the condensate lines? If you have a pump do you hear it run once in a while?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks