Can No Longer Manually Start Fleck 2510 Regeneration Backwash

Users who are viewing this thread

Biddle

Reaction score
I need some advice on trouble shooting my Fleck model 2510 Econominder. I can no longer manually start the backwash regeneration process. I'm guessing that means it is no longer automatically regenerating per schedule. When I turn the knob to the first stop, the motor makes a whirling sound, then stops. Nothing. When I turn it a second time to the next stop, it again makes a whirling sound, then stops. Nothing happens. Regeneration does not start. Each time I turn the knob to the next stop: whirl then stops. I've had the Fleck head for 11 years so I know how to manually start the regeneration process. Now it's not working. Can you give me some guidance what to check. I've got 2 other old Fleck 2510 heads that I can take parts from. Thanks for your help. Tedd

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Sounds like the piston is not moving internally but the mechanical switches are working. Take look when the motor makes noise, does the microswitch cam move? Is the piston rod moving in/out? The piston rod connects to the main piston inside the valve, the pin or pin retainer can be damaged or disconnected internally.

Biddle

Reaction score
I need some advice on trouble shooting my Fleck model 2510 Econominder. I can no longer manually start the backwash regeneration process. I'm guessing that means it is no longer automatically regenerating per schedule. When I turn the knob to the first stop, the motor makes a whirling sound, then stops. Nothing. When I turn it a second time to the next stop, it again makes a whirling sound, then stops. Nothing happens. Regeneration does not start. Each time I turn the knob to the next stop: whirl then stops. I've had the Fleck head for 11 years so I know how to manually start the regeneration process. Now it's not working. Can you give me some guidance what to check. I've got 2 other old Fleck 2510 heads that I can take parts from. Thanks for your help. Tedd

Biddle

Reaction score
dittohead,
Thanks for your help. You asked "does micro switch cam move?". If the "micro switch cam" is also known as "drive cam" (I had to look in the manual's part list), the answer is "yes". Today, when I turned the regeneration knob, it worked and the manual back wash started. I'm pleased but surprised since it didn't work the last 5 times I tried it over the past week. I'll try it again tonight and let you know what happens. Tedd

Biddle

Reaction score
dittohead,
Manual regeneration is starting fine. Don't know what the problem was previous that would not allow it to start. Thanks again for your help. Tedd

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks