Can my pump work if leathers/foot valve have slow leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Andy Pac

Reaction score
hello everyone and thank you in advance for your help
i bought a house at auction with a 2" galvanized well. scrappers had stole the old pump, but the top of the jet is 54' down. i filled the suction pipe and space between pipe and casing with water to see if leathers/foot valve are good. water goes down only about an inch every couple of hours.
so my neighbor thinks we can throw a pump on it, and once it catches prime, it will work fine, and since everything is sealed, it wontbe able to leak down because it would create a vacuum.
I like this idea very much, but kinda think i might be fooling myself. the idea of not having to borrow a backhoe and yank the pipe out is awesome, but is it a waste of time? my thought was to try it and if it dont work, buy the jet and valve and leathers and pull it then.
if you all are certain it wont work i'll just go ahead and do the whole job
thanks,
Andy

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks