Can Laundry Share Main Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

GRush

Reaction score
Looking for help with my plumbing concerns. The previous owners of my manufactured home had it set on the property with the front of it facing the back so all of the vents were on the front of the home. We are remodeling and just had a new roof put on and had all of the vents moved to the back of the roof. My drawing is rough (sorry) but hope it shows my layout good enough to tell what I'm doing. The orange highlights the vent stacks I want to reroute. Are there any issues with this layout assuming I'm using all the correct fittings and pipe sizes? Will rerouting the laundry vent into the main vent cause issues? Will the sink siphon when the toilet is flushed or does it need it's own studor vent? Thanks so much!

grush-01.jpg

GRush

Reaction score
The washer vent can tie into the main vent.
On the left, what is that we are looking at?
I forgot to highlight that. It's a separate vent stack for the shower. It originally was be a studor vent in the wall.

GRush

Reaction score
The washer vent can tie into the main vent.
On the left, what is that we are looking at?
Do you see any problem with the sink using that same vent? No siphoning issues when the toilet is flushed?

GRush

Reaction score
I forgot to highlight that. It's a separate vent stack for the shower. It originally was be a studor vent in the wall.
And prior to the far left is the main water closet that all of the plumbing fixtures drain into, presumably at the correct levels. If that even makes sense. Don't ya love all of us DIYers

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks