Can I use this?

Users who are viewing this thread

GeronimoDF

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 4 inch stack, and I was wondering if I could use a 4" x 4" x 3" Combination Tee Wye to connect a tiolet to that stack?

6885602.jpg

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
In most cases that would be an improper fitting...
A Sani-Tee would be the usual fitting used and a transition from vertical to horizontal...
However it is possible in some piping configurations that the fitting you show could be used...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is a philosophical question. Assuming this is a vertical stack, then, normally no, but for a toilet it works as well as a sanitary tee, BUT some inspectors will still fail it because it is NOT a sanitary tee. A bigger question would be WHY would you want to use it since it is more expensive than a sanitary tee?

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
That "Combination Tee Wye" (or whatever it is called) is supposed to be used for a horizontal connection, and I might be the only guy in town here where I happen to live who has ever used one, or actually, two. Around here, a Wye and a 45 is far more common.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks