Can I use a pressure assisted toilet with low/no water pressure?

Users who are viewing this thread

chris brewer123

Reaction score
I have a recreational property which is gravity spring fed. The water pressure is so so for sink and shower. The current older standard toilet does take a while to fill and has almost no pressure to the incominh water.

Am I correct that the air assisted pressure toilets utilize the water line pressure to fill the air tank? Can they be used with my situation of low/no incoming toilet fill pressure.

Could I use the Kohler Power Lite with the electric pump instead, it appears to only use an electrical pump for it's pressure assist.

Thanks in advance.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depending on the toilet, the (few) I've heard about require a minimum of 20# of water pressure to function. So, unless you have a really high head pressure (the water source is quite a bit higher than the usage point), it probably won't work.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why not just install a Toto Drake and not worry about a pressure assisted flush. You won't need it, and you'll have a toilet that will serve your needs for many trouble free years.

JerryR

Reaction score
Why not just install a Toto Drake and not worry about a pressure assisted flush. You won't need it, and you'll have a toilet that will serve your needs for many trouble free years.

Agreed,

My Toto Eco Drake dumps the tank water in 4-5 second which creates an unbelievable siphon action in the bowl. Check out the you tube videos. The flapper closes in 4-5 seconds after releasing the handle.

My Drake will completely flush and clear anything in the bowl even with the supply line turned off!

The only drawback of low water pressure would be the same as with any toilet with low water pressure, slow refill of the tank.

it's been about 3 months since we installed the 1st Drake in our house and out of the blue today my wife commented how great it is.

Jerry

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
An "electric toilet" creates its own pressure as long as the pipe can supply adequate flow for it. All the rest depend on the incoming water supply to create the pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks