Can I use a mixing valve as diverter

Users who are viewing this thread

Den333

Reaction score
Installing a walk-in shower with separate shower head controls.

Using two Moen shower mixing valves from my local home depot, I will hook up the first mixer valve (Mixer-1) as usual: hot supply line to hot input (or side-A) and cold supply line to cold input (or side-B).
Here's my question- Instead of running the warm output of Mixer-1 up to the showerhead, I ran it to the "output" of my second mixing valve (Mixer-2). Then I hook up Showerhead-A to Mixer-2 side-A and Showerhead-B to side-B. Will Mixer-2 work to send water from one head to the other and both heads when in the middle?
I'll place them one above the other on the same wall. I'll place the temp controller (Mixer -1) on the bottom and the showerhead controller (Mixer-2) on top (installed upside down for ease of connectivity to Mixer-1).
Will it work?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It SHOULD, although you only get individual flow from the devices when the second valve is at either end of its motion, (and maybe NEVER at the hot side if the valve is designed to ALWAYS mix some cold with the hot).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks