Can I insulate a wall with hot/cold pipes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I have a lot of extra insulation and wanted to know if I could insulate around the shower pipes. I'd first put some black foam pipe insulation around them and then some Roxul comfort batt. Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
Are you talking about an outside wall in climate with serious freezing? I know that is not the common thing.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Insulation won't hurt anything there. IF it were an outside wall, you'd want the insulation towards the outside of the valve, as putting it towards the room would potentially block heat from the house, and open the valve and pipes to freezing. Insulation only slows the transfer of heat, it does not stop it. It can act as a noise buffer depending on what you use.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
johnfrwhipple said:
Please Note: I do not read nor do I see Jim's (Jadnashua) posts.

and...as a result, you get John saying the same thing I said more often than not.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks