Can I install a new vent system for basement bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

pip0582

Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of installing a new bathroom in my basement. It will have a bathtub, a sink, and a toilet. I'm using a saniflo upflush system because my drain coming into the house ( or going out of i should say) is about 6 feet high. My question is I have searched all over and can't find a venting system for the upstairs fixtures anywhere. I'm pretty sure they have one because all of the fixtures use "P" traps not "S" traps, but it is an old house(1960's i think). Either way it would be a long run to where ever they may be. My new bathroom will not be directly below the old one either. Am I able to vent each fixture in my new bathroom and just run it outside, and up the side of my house. I cant run a new vent through my walls without doing some major damage upstairs, but my basement bathroom is located on an outside wall and i have room toward the ceiling to bust a hole through my block and run a new vent up the side of the house to the roof.
Thanks
Phil

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

It depends on where you live and which code they use. In cold areas it is usually not permitted because the warm damp air from the sewer will cause frost inside the pipe, and will eventually close it off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks