Can i install a kitchen sink upstairs into washing machine drain directly below

Users who are viewing this thread

L-Gordo

Reaction score
In my basement I currently have a 2" ABS pipe coming out of floor to approximate height of washing machine. I would like to move my kitchen sink in my kitchen to directly above this pipe. Question is what do I need to do to do this I will have the wall open and ceiling open as well I installed a 3" vent pipe into roof when I reshingled can I just tee off at floor and run p-trap and pipe up for washer and run up with 1-1/2" ABS to kitchen sink and continue out to new roof vent? Thanks for adding me to group and hope this is somewhat right. I live in southern Alberta, Canada by the way

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Not unless you also run a new vent from the washer in the basement AFTER revising its connection to the stack. Then you do NOT need a vent for the new sink.

L-Gordo

Reaction score
Not unless you also run a new vent from the washer in the basement AFTER revising its connection to the stack. Then you do NOT need a vent for the new sink.
Thanks for taking the time to answer I appreciate it.

L-Gordo

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the is a ptrap below cement no odor and I hear bubbling when I blow in pipe wondering if there is a trap there can i run this configuration?
1458842340305402871875.jpg

Attachments

• 20160324_113825.jpg
    20160324_113825.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 683

L-Gordo

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help boys jobs done Happy Easter

Attachments

• 20160326_165804_resized.jpg
    20160326_165804_resized.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 379
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks