Can I install a dishwasher not next to the sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Eman_dee

Reaction score
Hello all,

I would like to get a dishwasher but I have one problem. As you cab see in the picture, my kitchen sink is right next to a wall from the right side and next to the oven on the left side. I am thinking of installing a dishwasher in the empty space in the right. How will it be possible for the water and drain hoses fo be installed?
D6BFD784-B6DA-49D3-99B0-49B08268CC93.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
  1. You can open the wall from one side or the other.
  2. You can get a portable dishwasher, which attaches a pair of hoses to the sink spout.
  3. You could relocate the stove.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Since the DW's outlet is pumped, you have options about where to place it. You may even be able to get water and the drain into maybe a bathroom that could be closer.

My kitchen is U-shaped. The sink and DW are each on the upper part of the U, opposite each other. Been working fine for nearly 20-years this way.

If I ever build a new house, I'll probably have two DW...after running, rather than clean it out into cupboards, I'll use stuff from it, and put the dirty stuff into the other, and then alternate. If giving a party, you'd be able to use both to clean up. I figure the ultimate cupboard space required would end up about the same as you wouldn't be taking up one or more cabinets spaces up with the dishes and glassware. And, won't have to clean out the DW after running!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks