Can I add ozone to any brand AIO valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I've been procrastinating (as usual) putting in an iron removal system. I had a birm setup with air injection at the pressure tank and separate softener. The pressure tank got fouled with iron and the birm was way past it's lifespan. Ripped that out and put in a CSV a while back and just a softener with res-care dispenser. Works decent but get a small amount of bleed through with the iron and the H²S is sometimes annoying. I could probably get away with a regular AIO but I like the idea of that ozone sanitizing the media in case of IRB. I hear air will actually make IRB worse. I still have my old birm tank so really only need a valve and media. That's why I'm asking about valves. I know the clack valves rule but as a regular dude I can't get em. Any info or sources would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Bannerman

Reaction score
Photo of your exsisting AIO control valve?

Do you have a recent lab test report to post?

You may want to consider Katalox Light media as opposed to BIRM. What size is your exsisting media tank? (ie: 9" X 48" = 1 ft2, 10" X 54" = 1.5 ft2, 12" X 52" = 2.0 ft2).

Reaction score
Photo of your exsisting AIO control valve?

Do you have a recent lab test report to post?

You may want to consider Katalox Light media as opposed to BIRM. What size is your exsisting media tank? (ie: 9" X 48" = 1 ft2, 10" X 54" = 1.5 ft2, 12" X 52" = 2.0 ft2).
I don't have an AIO valve. I need to get one that's why I'm asking which are compatible with O³. My old birm valve was just a 2510 backwashing valve with a venturi air injector at the pressure tank.

I'm definitely going katalox or greensand. An oxidizing media will be used.

Current tank is 10x54

Tests attached but they are nothing severe that I see.

Attachments

• Water_Tests.pdf
    68.1 KB · Views: 102

Bannerman

Reaction score
You answered my question without realizing it. The Fleck 2510 is a control valve that is often utilized for AIO, however, in the link below, Ditttohead recommends not retrofitting an ozone generator to that valve as Fleck have not provided input to it's suitability with ozone.

Using Ozone with a Fleck 2510

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nobody? I understand clack can only be sold and installed by dealers. Looking for another option for ozone if I can't buy a clack.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks