Can I add a sink drain to my existing washing machine drain pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

frcknfrck

Reaction score
I need to add a sink drain to an existing washing machine 2 inch drain pipe above the p trap. Can this be done with a 1 1/2 inch to 2 inch inch Tee. Is this ok with CA code?

frcknfrck

Reaction score
Probably not. How about a photo of the fixture drain and vent so we can see what you have.
Here's the image.... thanks

upload_2015-1-31_15-36-42.jpeg

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can't share the vent for a washer in my area. It's safe to assume the rules are stricter in Cal. You do have options, but they would be unpopular in today's world.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Good point HJ. The pic came up during my blurt. Didn't know that this pipe was being considered for a sink drain. No way this would work.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The sink must have it's own trap, which must be properly vented. The connection cannot be made to the washer standpipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks