Can anyone propose an alternative pressure balancing loop?

Users who are viewing this thread

umchem

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

First time poster, long time reader.

Im hoping someone can help me out- I cant seem to find locally or online a copper 4 way /cross fitting to create the pressure balancing loop below. Unless someone can point me in the right direction, are there any alternative designs to the below pressure balancing loop I can use as an alternative which do not require the 4 way fitting?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

loop.png

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
I needed a 3/4" cross tee for my new shower. I found (1) threaded brass fitting after calling seven different supply houses in town. I would have never thought they'd be so hard to come by.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tee at the bottom of the drop pipe, with stubs to to additional tees at their ends. From there, one stub up and one down to drop ear elbows, on each side, (visualize it as an "H"), will accomplish the same thing. It is the only way I do them.

umchem

Reaction score
tee at the bottom of the drop pipe, with stubs to to additional tees at their ends. From there, one stub up and one down to drop ear elbows, on each side, (visualize it as an "H"), will accomplish the same thing. It is the only way I do them.

Thanks for the help. I saw the crosses at pexsupply but they are not rated for potable water, due to lead. It's probably not a big deal for a shower, but I'd rather stay on the safe side and see if there are alternatives before I go down the road.

As for the alternative design, do you have any images of this setup? Trying to draw out what you said, I conflicted at the H design and dont see how the "one stub up and one down" fits into the picture.

Thanks

umchem

Reaction score
It's for a Kohler K-98740 WaterTile 2.5 GPM Single Function Rain Shower Head.

Mike, thats a smart idea, thank you.

umchem

Reaction score
This Kohler unit is actually the baby brother of the one your speaking of. This unit has a 0.6 gpm maximum flow rate from each sprayhead for a maximum combined flow of 2.4 gpm, making my hot water tank a little bit happier. I am installing it above a big soaker tub, so I didn't need something crazy, just a quick rinser.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Make an H using with a drop ear elbow on EACH of the four ends. Then cut the crossbar in the middle and put a tee there with a riser into the valve. I would think is was intuitive.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks