Can a Fusan anti-siphon faucet be repaired?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jacky Zhang

Reaction score
When this Fusan anti siphon faucet is turned on, water is dropping from it. The faucet says UPC A.S.S.E -1010A. It has an 8 inch stem, and soldered on the copper pipe.
Previously, I replaced the handle, and seat packing with a Pier repair kit. But obviously this kit doesn't fix the stem packing part. It seems packing material is broken. Is there a repair kit available for the Fusan faucet? I cut a big hole on the wall to figure out that it's soldered on a copper pipe, and I don't think I am capable to take the whole pipe out of the wall and rebuild it. Thank you for any suggestions.

S7002155.JPG
S7002153.JPG
S7002151.JPG

Quarterball

In the Trades
Reaction score
FuSan is the factory in Taiwan where is was originally made. The U.S. distributor would probably be marked somewhere on the handle. Once the distributor is determined, it is possible to track them down and attempt to get repair parts.

Or you could save time, & ultimately money, by installing a new unit. It looks like you have room to cut the copper & install the next size longer unit; for example go from 8" wall thickness to 10" wall thickness.

Have you seen the new ball valve controlled frostproof sillcocks? If not, please visit:
www.quarter-ball.com

And click on "Where to Buy"

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Replacing this outdoor faucet would be quicker and probably cheaper, if you take into consideration searching time.

Jacky Zhang

Reaction score
Thank you for all suggestions. This faucet is distributed by American Valve Inc. that is a local company. I am going to pay them a visit.
If they don’t carry it anymore, I probably will ask a real plumber to fix it, because soldering is totally beyond what I can do.

Richard Fulbright

Reaction score
YES! After spending many more hours than can be justified by time lost on work, I found the American Valve vacuum breaker valve at Lowes. You have top order it, since it is not in the stores. If you go through Lowe's, it is:

Package #44621735,
Item #133575
Item description: Brown Sillcock valve repair part
Model #M72AS-HASK

These cost $3.17 apiece, and shipping was $12.99 for past shipping. It should be $300 I was going to have to spend on replacing two entire Sillcock assemblies through the plumber. I'm proud of my persistence! These work just fine.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/AMERICAN-VALVE-Brown-Sillcock-Valve-Repair-Part/3389482

Richard F.

Double D

Reaction score
Thank you Richard and Quarterball......
I know it would be cheaper to replace the whole dang assembly, but the problem is its tucked underneath thick insulation beneath a modular home and I cant see how it's fastened to the supply line. There is NO access from the outside thru the siding material either. I know better than to remove the two faucet screws outside and just try to turn the assy out or off......besides, if its soldered it aint gonna twist out anyway-not to mention I wouldn't be able to see the connection inside anyway.
Update! What I ended up doing was replacing the o-ring and flat seal at the inner shut-off end of the rod and I fashioned my own packing seal with multiple flat rubber washers. AS IT TURNS OUT HOWEVER...........as I was re-assembling it, I plugged the faucet handle screw hole with my finger, and pushed the o-ring seal tight on the spring loaded shut-off end and then blew into the rod's drain hole. Turns out there were two invisible hairline cracks in the rod itself....leaking air! So I soldered the cracks closed, vasolined the seals, installed it and all is well now. I know I've only bought some time here as solder is not a real strong seal under pressure, but at least I dont have water going everywhere when it's turned on.
Any suggestions on how to get to the inside-under-the-home-insulation connection, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY be able to reinstall the cut-down insulation without having it droop down with time----exposing the line/connection to freezing temps?? Duct tape just deteriorates after time I've found. Any tips would be welcomed gentlemen.....thanx

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Duct tape just deteriorates after time I've found.
Don't confuse Duck tape with duct tape. The original cloth tape called Duck tape was meant to be a temporary water resistant seal (think water on a duck's back). It was not designed for ducts. There is a true duct tape that is metal foil with a superior adhesive. There is also a special tape for vapor barrier with a permanent adhesive. Here in Canada it goes by the "Tuck" brand.

Tim Harris

Reaction score
I live in Boise, Id and have the same Fusan valve you are talking about. Mine was also leaking and I found that
Grover's Pay & Pack Electric and Plumbing carried a valve called Smith-Cooper Inter. and they have rebuild kits for $4.95 and they are the exact same as the fusan. You get everything but the shaft to rebuild the fusan valve. And it works great!! I got 2 kits to make sure I had parts for a long time, lol. Hope this helps someone else, Took me a long time to find it.

bmihalk

Reaction score
I was struggling to find the vacuum breaker for what I thought was a Fusan outdoor faucet. I visited my local plumbing store that carries a Legend outdoor value. The vacuum breaker for this value fits the Fusan outdoor faucet perfectly. The part number is 108-138. After installing the new part I noticed that the outdoor faucet has Fusan stamped on the side, but the faucet is actually from the Sioux City Mfg, company. The Legend faucet I found at the plumbing supply company, labeled Legend, also has Fusan stamped on the side. I'm posting this as it took me a week to track this down and I'm hoping in the future this helps someone out. The number stamped on the Fusan outdoor faucet is 6101-3SSV.

jehosophat

Reaction score
I recently found my Fusan outdoor frost free faucet on the exterior of my 1998 mobile home was leaking out of the spigot, where you would attach a garden hose. I searched a lot for info on repair kits for it and finally found a place in NJ., that said they could supply me with what I needed. You have to contact them by email at: larry@danvillesales.com

I did this and they will ask you to remove the inner stem of the faucet and lay a tape measure along it's length, so they can see how long it is in order to be able to send you the correct part. They will then email you an invoice with the price of the parts and shipping, you in turn need to send them a check for the total amount. After they receive your check they will send the part.

Sounds like a scam to me, but if it is legit, I would have been looking at 10-14 days before I would have received any parts and I would guarantee you if I would have removed that stem it would have leaked way worse than just a few drips! I would have been without water for 2 weeks waiting for parts that may or may not have fixed it.

I decided since I never used the faucet, I turned off the water supply main valve, cut the underbelly near the edge of the house where the faucet is located, unscrewed the plastic nut from the house PEX plumbing and installed a 1/2" plug. Done. No leaks. That Fusan faucet is junk, if you want the faucet to operate, remove it and buy a good quality one like Woodford and reinstall it. I could still do that if I really needed a faucet there. Just unscrew the plug I put in and install a new faucet.

Hope this helps someone, because I searched a looong time for any info and there is very little out there on this subject.

P.S. I found some repair tape online for the underbelly, it's called "Flex-mend", it's made of the same material as the underbelly only with glue on one side. Worked very well, I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered the 6" wide X 25' long stuff and would recommend it over anything narrower.

Last edited:

IHH

Reaction score
Just a follow-up: The seller that jehosophat dug out is legit. The website is: www.danvillesalesco.com

I had a leaking faucet due to a crack in the stem. I had no success finding the stem for the Fusan faucet anywhere and replacing the faucet would have required opening up finished walls (poor design). I followed jehosophat's instruction and described the stem needed and added pictures of my broken stem next to a ruler and the Fusan faucet. He quoted the prices: stem assembly ($18) and the vacuum breaker assembly ($7) - cost quoted in January 2021. I ordered two of them - one as a spare if the stem in my other faucet cracks. It did take a while for delivery because they had to order the parts, but it was Winter anyway. The stem fit perfectly and the faucet works without leaks.

jehosophat - thank you for the information on the Fusan parts provider. My only question is how you were able to find the company. I also searched quite a bit online but found nothing.

Pmoore

Reaction score
I was struggling to find the vacuum breaker for what I thought was a Fusan outdoor faucet. I visited my local plumbing store that carries a Legend outdoor value. The vacuum breaker for this value fits the Fusan outdoor faucet perfectly. The part number is 108-138. After installing the new part I noticed that the outdoor faucet has Fusan stamped on the side, but the faucet is actually from the Sioux City Mfg, company. The Legend faucet I found at the plumbing supply company, labeled Legend, also has Fusan stamped on the side. I'm posting this as it took me a week to track this down and I'm hoping in the future this helps someone out. The number stamped on the Fusan outdoor faucet is 6101-3SSV.
You read the stamp upsidedown. It's ASSE-1019A, which is a plumbing standard for anti-siphon frost-proof devices.

Pmoore

Reaction score
You read the stamp upsidedown. It's ASSE-1019A, which is a plumbing standard for anti-siphon frost-proof devices.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks