Campground needs water

Users who are viewing this thread

Lakeview

Reaction score
I own a small campground that is considered a Non-Community/Transient water system by the state. My well is 285' deep which feeds into a 750 holding tank where chlorine is added during the fill cycle to cleanse the water. A second pump connected to a 30/50 switch pumps water from the holding tank to a 119 gal pressure tank that provides water to the park. I am trying to add a second pressure tank in sequence with the first to reduce the cycles put on my pressure tank pump. (Some summer days the pump seems to never go off due to water demand) The second pressure tank should reduce my pump cycle by approximately 50%. Saving both electricity and wear and tear on the pump. My issue is how to plumb the second tank into the supply lines. My understand is that the 2nd tank should be put between the pressure tank pump and the 1st tank WITHOUT a pressure switch, which would allow the main pressure switch to control the filling both tanks. Is this correct?

I also plan on changing my pressure switch to a 40/60 to provide greater pressure. In one section of the park there is a rise of 100'elevation and the folks at the top of the hill have low water pressure due to head pressure, I believe. Second option, would be to put a booster pump on that section of the park to increase pressure up that line of campers. Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Attachments

• Pressure tank design.pdf
    10 KB · Views: 155

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If there are no 'obstructions" in the pipe between the two tanks they will fill to the same pressure, minus elevation differences, regardless of where the second one is located. It might be advantageous to locate it at the top of the hill to provide more volume to them and still provide for the lower level.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A constant 50 PSI would be much better pressure for those everyone, especially those people up on the hill as it gets pretty low with a 40/60 switch before the pump comes on. A CSV might not save electricity in your case, but it would save you needing another pressure tank and make the pressure much better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks