Calling Delta Experts: Do I have a 1500 or 1700 Series Shower Faucet/Trim Kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

BG in Detroit

Reaction score
Hello All, I'm a newbie to the forum. We built our house in 1997 and have a Delta Shower faucet that works fine but the polished brass has taken a beating and we need to replace the trim. We believe it's a Delta 1500 Series Monitor, but after surfing the web we might just have a 1700 Series. Escutcheon screw are at 2 o'clock and 8 o'clock. Here's a pic:

!cid_44FF5069564E4B9C9C10FE9D3B70805A@GaarderHomePC.jpg

Can somebody identify this, and also we would be interested if anybody had some of these trim kits hiding in the stockroom in polished brass.

Thanks for the assist!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tee_14

Reaction score
That is the 1700 series. You have both volume and temp control. Delta changed the valve so you might need to call them and see if they make a conversion kit so the new 1700 will fit it. According to the web site they have the Victorian in Polished Brass. Don't have my book in front of me to be sure.

delta-1700-series-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The 1990 Delta 1500 series did have the separate temperature knob. There is a conversion kit to make a modern 1700 series cartridge fit it. Your bolt hole seem to be located at the right locations for a modern trim kit. Call 1-800-345-DELT to see if your valve had the lifetime guarantee on the finish.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks