Calcium buildup on copper fitting at cold water inlet to water heater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Our hot water heater is four years old and defintely due for a draining which I intend to handle tomorrow. However. I discovered a calcium deposit at the copper valve controlling cold water entering the heater. I thought that calcium buildup would come after the heater, not before. DIYer that I am, don't know what to conclude. Is the well water so calcium intense that it may be the cause? Either way, I'll drain the heater. Any thoughts appreciated!

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_5790.JPG
    IMG_5790.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 83

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Our hot water heater is four years old and defintely due for a draining which I intend to handle tomorrow. However. I discovered a calcium deposit at the copper valve controlling cold water entering the heater. I thought that calcium buildup would come after the heater, not before. DIYer that I am, don't know what to conclude. Is the well water so calcium intense that it may be the cause? Either way, I'll drain the heater. Any thoughts appreciated!
The Catskills is known for terrible water

I used t go to Kutchers country club a lot as I like Helen and even told her she needs a better filtration system.

The Pines and Nevele also had problem with mineral content and non Kosher particles in their water supply

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks