Cadet 3 FloWise (1.28 gal) with Korky WaterWise Fill Valve uses 1.6 Gal

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
water

If your water level is above the design level in the tank, then that is probably your .4 gallons additional. But I think you are getting too anal about it. I have absolutely no problem with using more than the design gpf if that is what the toilet needs to flush properly every time.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
And remember folks there is not by any means a water shortage on this earth. Water is extremely abundant. Just go to the East (or West) Coast and have a look.

It's the drinking stuff that is becoming harder to come by.

The future for water is two supplies.

One to flush your toilet with and another to brush your teeth.

And yes, a DIYer somewhere, some day will get the two supplies the wrong way round.

And someone on this forum will bitch about it...

Cookie

Reaction score
I have observed a weird phenomenon within the past few weeks, I have noticed how many people have said in any setting, work, market, anywhere, " I am anal", and they say it with pride. I have looked at them, thinking, how horrible of a trait to have, really nothing to gloat over.

Relationship to Freudian theory

These traits were thought by Freud to be related to an anal phase of psycho****** development at a time when an infant's attention moves from oral stimulation to anal stimulation (including the bowels and bladder), usually synchronous with learning to control their excretory functions, a time of toilet training. Freud theorized that children who experience conflicts during this period of time may develop "anal" personality traits, namely those associated with a child's efforts at excretory control: orderliness, stubbornness, a compulsion for control.[1] Those whose anal characteristics continue into later life are said to be "anal retentive", or conversely, those who reject anal characteristics are said to have "anal expulsive" personality types. Some believe this to be a mild expression of obsessive-compulsive disorder or obsessive-compulsive personality disorder.

CWSam

Reaction score
Time for an update. So far the solution to my problem is to hold the flush lever down for an additional second to let the toilet bow fill to an acceptable level. I went as far as to adding a cork on top of the yellow float with the hope that would cause the flapper to close more slowly. Nah. It slammed shut as if it had a brick on it. I also lowered the yellow float and raised the H20 level...all to no avail. I've since lowered the water level but now a new problem has arisen. Over time the H20 level comes up to the top of the flush valve. I keep turning the screw adjustment but that's not helping.

Could be time to gut its innards?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks