Cable in concrete pour

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by Homeownerinburb, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Homeownerinburb

Homeownerinburb Member

Hi,

I am looking at a low voltage wiring problem. I have been asked to install low voltage stair lights on a soon to be poured concrete stairway. There are sides rising up above the stairs, to be made of concrete. The client wants the lights in the side, lighting the steps. Can I use any sort of cable to be buried directly in the concrete, for preference malibu cable, or will the wet concrete eat the insulation off the cable?

Thanks

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    The lights should have mounting boxes, so you can use PVC conduit for the wires.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement